Popular Post

Thursday, October 5, 2006

Kotobukiya Sora Final Form


I have received my Kotobukiya Sora final form figure from HLJ this morning. It was shipped on 12th Sept., the delivery took about 17 days (~3 weeks). After the slow shipping, I was hoping that the figure would compensate with it worthiness, but much disappointment in fact. I had high expectation of it since it's special edition, but looking at the figure, I'd have opt for normal version which could have better painting quality.

Drivers of disappointment:
1. The neck was shorter than the depicted illustration
2. There wasn't so much articulations as they have claimed, I counted 16 so far.
3. A curve/dent in front on Sora's cap
4. The colouring was not impressive, with a number of places roughly painted and the metallic painting wasnt smooth
5. The left hand couldnt fit the keyblade nicely because of a insert, I had to switch the keybaldes around.


Sora Final Form Figure Gallery

After playing around with it, displaying different poses and take photos of it, it doesnt look so bad. I still can't figure out all the 20 articulation points, I found 16 so far. However, there's quite a number of poses that I could articulate. Though a bit sad that the knee couldn't bend, primarily due to Sora's shorts. The figure looks nice from photo or far away, but not close.

No comments:

Post a Comment