Popular Post

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Ichigo 100% Ending Mizuki Kawashita Comment



I absolutely like the cover for Ichigo 100% last volume, volume 19.

In volume 19, there is a page where Mizuki Kawashita sensei comments on the ending. Thanks to Cyclone for the chinese version information, so I can now translate it briefly here. To read the chinese version of Mizuki Kawashita comment, visit Cyclone.

There were also her sensei comments regarding her decision to end the manga with Nishino Tsukasa as the girl whom Manaka end up with.

In brief:
From fan letters of support, most mentioned the "pairing of Manaka with Aya' ending, It does seem that from the very first chapter, fans would expect Manaka to end up with Aya.

While drawing the series, I only think of plotting the middle high school story, and indeed, has decided to end with an Aya ending. But as time passed and the story moved on to high school, things started to shift slowly

In serialization, it is often required to adapt, therefore looking at the growth/development of each characters, I think the ending should be so.

I like both Nishino and Toujo characters, I continue the manga with the hope that both can find happinness. But sometimes two might be unable to be toegther, because of circumstances and time, even if its mutual. Isn't this what unexpected love relationship is about?
I think that what Aya has learnt about this is the growth of the manga, so all the fans please don't be sad.

Eventhough I cant draw until she find happiness in love, but I guarantee that she will be happy in future ("my comment: how can u be sure, since the manga end!"). Manaka and Nishino's future will be bit more vague/ambiguos. Whether it's to establish a love relationship or to maintain it under different circumstances, both are hard. ~ no no no, both will be happy in future.

My opinion:
Looking back at the manga, it was fun reading the manga despite the disappointing ending. I was Aya fan. :P Though i knew there can be only one girl in the end, either Nishino or Aya. I thought an Aya wnding would be more appropriate and more of a "happy ending".

Many fans liked Misuzu Satomura, but I hate her personality (no offence). Chinami may be cute (kawaii) but both Kozue and her were redundant characters. Satsuki? Well her fan service was abundant, but she dhould be further developed. Yui, another character wasted. I rather have more story on Manaka and his pal, Komiyama.

Thinking back, it's interesting to see how Mizuki could have produced a 19 volume manga series with the theme Ichigo pants. Ironically, one can easy build a story with just strawberry as a theme but a strawberry lingerie???

If you like to purchase Ichigo 100% HK version, try Yesasia Ichigo 100% HK manga. But volume 11 is out of stock. I tried 3 online market; Yesasia, HKComics and Joycomic, all said out of stock. I had to ask my friend in HK to get for me. Luckily he managed to get it but it's the Taiwan version. I dont mind but it's an odd one out of 18 HK version I would have. Wait for more manga available before I order the last 2 volume, 18 and 19.

No comments:

Post a Comment